Pistachio Chai Muffins
- 7 9/10 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 chai blend tea bags, opened
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup shelled dry-roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut open tea bags; add tea to flour mixture, stirring well. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 3. Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle nuts evenly over batter. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
- 4. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon water, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over muffins.